- Ocean Isle Beach
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to Sea Isle Beach and our newly remodeled Starboard by the Sea Condo. Sea Isle is one of the southern most superb and unique barrier islands of North Carolina. It is located a brief distance south of Wilmington, N.C., and a brief distance from Myrtle Beach, S.C. There is so much to see and do around Sea Isle, that you will not want to leave. Sea Isle is roughly 25 miles to all the stores at Barefoot Landing in N. Myrtle Beach and roughly 40 miles to one of two Tanger Outlets in Myrtle Beach. Plenty of shopping, and some of the most striking seafood you will ever have is 15 mins. up the road in Calabash, NC.
Starboard by the Sea is pretty, family owned condo on the opulent west end of OIB. It has unreal vistas of the waterway and marsh life. Unwind after a long day while sitting on your front porch watching the beautiful sunsets that OIB has to share with you. Watch the graceful boats as they meander along the Intracoastal Waterway. The condo is freshly modernized with new refrigerator, new dishwasher, new TV in den and master bedroom, new wood floors all through, a new king size bed has replaced the queen in the master bedroom and 2 new queen size beds replaced the fulls. We have added 2 rocking chairs to the outdoor space for appreciating the view as well as a modest bistro set for outdoor eating, and we have also added a sizable outdoor umbrella for use in the dazzling sun. It has security key access to 3 community pools, one of which is sea front. There are tennis courts and grilles for your use. This 3 bedroom condo has 1 king, 2 queen and 2 twin beds, 2 full baths and has all the amenities of home. Here is a list of just a few:
TV/VCR/DVD in den
TV in master bedroom
TV in Bedroom #2
*New dishwasher, new refrigerator and
*covered parking for 2 cars
Keywords: Sea Isle Beach, condo, water, bedrooms, beach, fishing, surfing, boating, shopping, Calabash, Wilmington, sightseeing, 4th of July, tournaments, oysters
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation houses provide Wilmington, NC area traveller discount magazines which include promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide tremendous discounts.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Wilmington, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Wilmington, NC gang, from restful condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and expertise to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Wilmington, NC vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Do you believe "Beautiful views of the sunset in this 3BR/2BA west end condo overlooking inlet." is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many desirable hot spots, In Wilmington, NC the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Wilmington, NC vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure "Beautiful views of the sunset in this 3BR/2BA west end condo overlooking inlet." works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each person knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group looking for? Do you want a rental property with patio lounge? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Often times the senior generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a furry friend? While a number of rental homes allow animal friends, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental home. Read your agreement thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
After the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Contract
Read the entire agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all vacation rental web sites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you've gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 1.0 miles
- Drift - 1.1 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.1 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 1.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 1.3 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 3.3 miles
- River Country Mini Golf - 1.0 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 1.0 miles
- Ocean Isle Fishing Center - 1.1 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 1.1 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 1.1 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 1.1 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.1 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 1.2 miles