- Bald Head Island
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWonderful home located on the marsh with magnificant vistas of wildlife and acres of marshland viewable from the living room or outdoor space. Excellent vistas of Bald Head Creek all the way to Cape Fear River. Deep water creek for your boating access ease. Adore kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and crabbing with the children right off the private neighborhood dock connected to the home by a boardwalk. The home includes an renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, wine refrigerator and granite counter tops. New en suite bathroom for 2015! New enlargened outdoor space (2016) facing the marsh with wrought iron table, 6 chairs and umbrella. New wood floor installed all through the home in 2018.
A tandem kayak and 2 individual kayaks are available to kayak on the marsh directly behind the home.
It's an painless walk to the marina, eateries and Old Baldy. The grocery store is a speedy drive by golf cart. Several beaches are effortlessly accessible by golf cart. Tennis, golf and swimming pool are available with a Bald Head Island Club membership. (Separate fee charged by BHI club)
House includes 2 golf carts
(1) 6 passenger golf cart
(1) 2 passenger golf cart
Bald Head Island Club Membership available as a separate buy.
The home rents Saturday to Saturday during peak season.
Please note: Fireplace in the living room is for decorative purposes only.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental homes provide Wilmington, NC area travel catalogs which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the management company and the local itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Can you shift your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Wilmington, NC gang, from low-noise condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Owners typically select management companies to manage marketing, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you start to book " Lighthouse Landing #11 includes 3 Kayaks and 2 golf carts!", go through our brief list of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable destinations, In Wilmington, NC the best rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Decide on a Community and Time
Agreement can be complicated among members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Try to remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Most vacation homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It could be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving an expensive rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Do you want a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do certain people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rental homes, but policies differ. A number of constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective rental property. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match clients with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the whole contract and be sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many property management companies and rental home sites allow customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
How did they like the rental home? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- Delphina Cantina - 0.4 miles
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 0.4 miles
- Pelicatessen - 0.7 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 0.8 miles
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 2.5 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 2.9 miles
- Cape Fear Restaurant - 3.4 miles
- Frying Pan - 3.4 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 2.5 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 2.6 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 3.4 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 3.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Smith Island Museum - 0.2 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 0.2 miles
- The Sail Shop Tours - 0.3 miles