- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the extraordinary island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesteryear’s when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Affable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the peaceful & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amiable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Included with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Coffee Filters. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 Red Chairs with Matching Side Tables & 2 Yellow Chairs with Matching Side Table, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck. Ground Floor Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Ground Floor Shower with Hot & Cold Water. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom & Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm).
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath. This you will get from the lock box (Code Included Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your enjoyment to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows/pillow cases are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan is supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Spout (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Included)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Umbrella (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can appreciate reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The most great place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the peerless food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts everywhere the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and appealing for the whole family!
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At the Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
MYRTLE WAVES WATER PARK
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves Water Park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. This park hosts over 30 water-soaked rides.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation properties provide Wilmington, NC area vacation discount guides that feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be shocked to discover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Wilmington, NC group, from restful condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
We have constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental home experience.
Finding and booking the best rental property:
Before you book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", read through our brief list of points to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Wilmington, NC rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many families choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Place and Travel Week
Start by picking which particular area of Wilmington, NC you prefer to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Remember that that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Will the preferred rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the whole reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with patio dining area? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Will the property have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the party travelling with a four-legged friend? Even though many vacation rentals allow dogs, rules and fees fluctuate per property. Many limitations may possibly dismiss a potential vacation property. Study your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Where to Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything required. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. We also recommend immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Many property management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully everything ended up being outstanding and you're ready to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 4.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles