View this property at:
About this Property
2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBR West: Queen & Twin, SBR West: Queen, MBR East: King, SBR East: Queen & Twin, Ground Floor: Queen & 2 Bunk beds. 3-1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Enormous Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amiable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans in the Great Room with Lights. 6 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Sink Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout (YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES!). New Fridge, New Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Blender, Electric Hand Mixer, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils & Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 4 Adirondack Chairs, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Fish Flag on Pole. Ground Floor Foot Rinse, Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Picnic Table With 2 Benches. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by
That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied to include: Beds made before you arrive, Bath Towels included, Kitchen Towels included, 2 Body Wash Dispensers in each bathroom, 2 Shampoo Dispensers in each bathroom, Hand Soap Disposable Dispenser in each bathroom, Kleenex Tissue, Soccer Ball, Volley Ball, Binoculars, Tripods, Telescope, Bocce Set, Spike ball Set, Guitar with Strings, for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure.
BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC & THE WONDROUS SKY!
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find kitchen towels, bath towels, linen, bed toppers, bed encasements, bed pads, bed skirts, bedspreads, shams and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials: broom, dustpan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Waterspout (Included)
YOU MAY NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Included)
• Face Cloths (Included)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Manon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Manon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Manon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the striking island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the straighforward feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
PEACE & QUIET
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Chummy environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s peaceful”, they said.
The relaxing island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a famed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can appreciate reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The choice place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most first-rate food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all amenities possible.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Included Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Manon Gore bridge. 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. & 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental homes provide Wilmington, NC area travel catalogs which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the management company and the local itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Can you shift your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Wilmington, NC gang, from low-noise condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Owners typically select management companies to manage marketing, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you start to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", go through our brief list of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable destinations, In Wilmington, NC the best rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Decide on a Community and Time
Agreement can be complicated among members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Try to remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Most vacation homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It could be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving an expensive rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Do you want a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do certain people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rental homes, but policies differ. A number of constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective rental property. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match clients with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the whole contract and be sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many property management companies and rental home sites allow customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
How did they like the rental home? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with the next search.