View this property at:
About this Property
2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesteryear’s when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Amicable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just savor the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Affable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Coffee Filters. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 Red Chairs with Matching Side Tables & 2 Yellow Chairs with Matching Side Table, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck. Ground Floor Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Ground Floor Shower with Hot & Cold Water. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom & Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm).
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows/pillow cases are supplied. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan is included for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Included in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Disposable Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Spout (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Included)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Umbrella (One Included in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (One Included in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can adore reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The most superb place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most exemplary food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts everywhere the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and breathtaking for the whole family!
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At the Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
MYRTLE WAVES WATER PARK
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves Water Park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. This park hosts over 30 water-soaked rides.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation properties provide Wilmington, NC area promotional travel books which feature deals, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the very same terrific activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are your vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer terrific rates on weekly rentals.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a specific Wilmington, NC activity you simply love, search for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the range and variety of short term rental properties available in the Wilmington, NC area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you believe " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" is the best rental property for your next family vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many trendy hot spots, In Wilmington, NC the best rentals are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Wilmington, NC rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer trips..
Decide on a Community and Time
Consensus can often be complicated between relatives, but once this complicated part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Will the chosen rental property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Typically, one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and getting each party's share.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental with outside dining area? Will the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Does the home have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Special Factors to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the crew travelling with a furry companion? Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines can vary. A number of constraints may eliminate a prospective rental home. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies will have a unique assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. This is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read Through The Contract
Read through the complete contract and be sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", in addition to any other additional fees which may be required based upon their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager straight away.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little. Even if you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be addressed before you leave.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental property websites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. If not, you've gained valuable experience to aid with your next search.