- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the extraordinary island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the painless feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can relish your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Neighborly Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Included With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Stunning Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your comfort. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Included in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Included)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a acclaimed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most superb place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most splendid food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all through the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and impressive for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guide books with special packages for property management companies, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these publications and coupon books, because this allows travelers to enjoy the same fantastic attractions with a possibly substantial discounted.
- Willing to switch your trip dates? Off-peak times offer up significant deals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer unique discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for during your stay? You'll get the best value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to learn the number of vacation rentals are offered in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rental homes in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Do you believe " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Wilmington, NC rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before a trip. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Pick a Village and Date
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Wilmington, NC you'd like to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you need to have. Remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Does your chosen rental suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain everybody knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your family must be given the task of gathering payments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are bedsheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Be sure to include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions may eliminate a potential rental property. Read your contract carefully! Service fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
After the area, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Your best chance of a lower rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also suggest promptly calling the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation rental should be in sound condition. Sinks full of pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be dealt with before you leave.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are ready to re-book the property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to improve your search next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles