- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family amiable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can relish your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just savor the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Affable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Wonderful Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Included)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Included in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most ideal place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most exemplary food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts everywhere the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and appealing for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you guide books with savings for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Search for these books and discount books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the same activities with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak times offer sizeable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a certain Wilmington, NC atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed due to personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tricks & Tips
First-timers are often times surprised at the number and selection of short-term rentals available in the Wilmington, NC area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to select a property that matches their desires and spending budget.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Wilmington, NC vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be delighted to learn that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental property:
Do you think " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Read this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Wilmington, NC rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Wilmington, NC rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Wilmington, NC you'd like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you should have. Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. In most cases, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental property with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Sometimes the senior generation has trouble with stairs. Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
When the place, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find property damage, or if fixes are needed contact the property manager immediately. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they like the rental home? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles