- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the amazing island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family affable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Neighborly environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The relaxing island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can savor your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Cavernous Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Helpful Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Savor Cooking in a Generous Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Supplied on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Included With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Spectacular Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Included in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Supplied)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Julie's Units -
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The choice place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
- Many property managers and vacation rental houses supply Wilmington, NC area traveller discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. Search for these publications and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the very same great activities with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Could you alter your dates? Off-peak times offer up significant discounts.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of management companies provide concessions to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific activity you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a certain Wilmington, NC atteaction that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You might be shocked to uncover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Wilmington, NC group, from restful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rentals in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners often select management companies to manage promoting and advertising, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Do you think " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Wilmington, NC rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Wilmington, NC you would like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Pick a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Confirm that " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly rental. A single member of your party will have to be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Does the home have bikes and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do certain people in your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, include that into your search. The majority of property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damage when you arrive. If you find problems, or if repairs are required contact the property manager without delay.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should be dealt with prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no property damage occurred during your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to offer comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles