View this property at:
About this Property
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St,
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the exceptional island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the painless feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Affable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The relaxing island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just savor the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Cavernous Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Chummy Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Adore Cooking in a Enormous Kitchen with Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Included on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck Elevated Board Walk with Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille with Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Stunning Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Disposable Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Water Spout (Supplied)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Included)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, dining and activities. Look for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows vacationers to discover the very same terrific attractions at a considerable discounted.
- Can you alter your dates? Off-peak times provide sizable markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for price reductions. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Information
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide range of weekly properties available in the Wilmington, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Wilmington, NC crew, from tranquil condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental homes in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide painless operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" is the perfect rental property for your next vacation? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Wilmington, NC the best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you should have. Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most rental properties are advertised with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly rental. Usually, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Proper accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Nearly all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a family dog? Pet policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions could eliminate a potential rental property. Make sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies usually have a unique collection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental home web sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but sincere with regards to stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.