- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the corner of28th St, 903 is off the corner of 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the marvelous island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Big Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Chummy Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Adore Cooking in a Extensive Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Supplied on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Dazzling Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Included in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a acclaimed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012!
Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most meticulous place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and rental houses supply Wilmington, NC area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same attractions at a typically significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from packed areas and save some money? The off-peak seasons may offer amazing rates on daily rentals.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific clients, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the range and variety of short term properties available in the Wilmington, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Wilmington, NC are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Do you believe " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" is the best rental property for your upcoming vacation? Read through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Wilmington, NC vacation homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Wilmington, NC rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Consensus can often be complicated between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Try to remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking a costly rental. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group looking for? Do you primarily want a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Often times the elder generation has problems with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your companion! Even though a number of rental homes allow animals, rules and fees vary per property. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
After the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest chance for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental websites seek comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they love their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience that can help with your next search.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles