View this property at:
About this Property
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St,
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBR West: King, SBR West: Queen & 2 Bunk beds, MBR East: Queen & Queen, SBR East: Twin & Twin, Living Area: Queen Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Voluminous Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this enormous Family Amicable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch with Lights, 2 in the Great Room with Lights. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker, Snow Cone Maker, Books & Games, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. You May Savor Cooking in a Generous Kitchen with Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Inside Fish Sink Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout (YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES!), Glass Container w/Spout. French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Blender, Electric Hand Mixer, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils & Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk with Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the END of this Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille with 3 Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by that Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied to include: Beds made before you arrive, Bath Towels included, Kitchen Towels supplied, 2 Body Wash Dispensers in each bathroom, 2 Shampoo Dispensers in each bathroom, Hand Soap Disposable Dispenser in each bathroom, Kleenex Tissue, Soccer Ball, Volley Ball, Binoculars, Tripods, Telescope, Bocce Set, Spike ball Set, Guitar with Strings, for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure.
BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC & THE WONDROUS SKY!
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find kitchen towels, bath towels, linen, bed toppers, bed encasements, bed pads, bed skirts, bedspreads, shams and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials: broom, dustpan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your comfort. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Disposable Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Waterspout (Supplied)
YOU MAY NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (2 Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Manon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Manon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Manon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the striking island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family welcoming, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUIET
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s peaceful”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Manon Gore bridge. 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. & 903 is off the corner of 35th.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message! http://www.nccoastalreserve.net/web/crp/bird-island?utm_source=www.visitnc.com&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=downstream-referral
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop. Click on their link for show schedules. (910) 575-0033
THE OLD BRIDGE 910-365-6585
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday. You can learn more about the Old Bridge Preservation Society and their offerings on the web.
TURTLE TALK 910-579-5862
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program? Check out the Turtle Patrol's website).
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERT
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH 910-274-4820
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly at www.facebook.com/yogaonthebeachssb.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation houses provide Wilmington, NC area printed travel catalogs which feature offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and promotional books, as this allows visitors to enjoy those fantastic activities with a typically substantial discounted.
- Willing to modify your travel dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies provide price savings to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a particular Wilmington, NC activity which you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Wilmington, NC area. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to find a rental that fits their desires and price range.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners often select management companies to assist with online advertising, house cleaning services and routine maintenance.
We have constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Before you decide to book "Sunset Beach Large Oceanfront Rental Home w/Toys, Beach Stuff, Gas Grill & Tanks", go through our short list of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Wilmington, NC vacation rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Wilmington, NC vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Sometimes, the toughest portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be much easier.
Pick a Size
How many family members are joining your vacation? Remember that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure "Sunset Beach Large Oceanfront Rental Home w/Toys, Beach Stuff, Gas Grill & Tanks" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking an expensive rental property. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your family trying to find? Is a screened deck a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Does the property have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Special Things to consider
Do a few people in your party have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. Most vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the party visiting with a pup? Dog policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Read your contract very carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
After you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager right away. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites permit customers to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere regarding your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the issue.
Did everybody have a good time? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you are all set to re-book the property for next year. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search next time.