- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe came to appreciate Bald Head Island over 28 years ago and have freshly bought Seventh Heaven. Now we want to share it with you. Bald Head Island is an island only a 25 min. ferry ride from Southport, NC. You leave your car and your worries behind. The holiday starts with the ferry ride, putting you on Island Time. You'll need to pack as if you were shipping your stuff. When you arrive at the Deep Point Marina to catch the ferry, helpful young men will gladly unload your car and put everything into a dolly for transportation to the island. When you arrive, pick up all your belongings and take them to your assigned tram where more helpful people will make sure you are ready for the ride to your home away from home. If you're renting our home for time in the summer months, be sure and rent your tram rapidly. They fill up quickly.
Villa 7 - or Seventh Heaven - is right beside the Bald Head Club. A temporary membership can be included with your costs, if you want to appreciate all the new niceties the Club has to offer. Let us know when you rent if you don't want to add on $285 for a week of Clubbing and I will remove the fee. Keep in mind if you choose not to pay for the temporary membership, you will not be able to use any of the amenities. You can walk to the numerous Club eateries, world class George Cobb designed golf course (reviewed 4* by Golf Digest), tennis, multiple pools and water play including a double water slide, playground, exercise center and even croquet! A major pool area remodel has been finished!
Back at Seventh Heaven there are two main level masters with a king bed in one and a queen set in the other, plus a separate upper loft with its own full bath and a bunkbed and a separate twin bed. We adore to prepare while we're on the island so the renovated kitchen with a brand new refrigerator is supplied with most every preparing utensil you will need to grille or prepare a blissful meal. Then take your meal out on the outdoor space overlooking the lagoon or carry it to the upper outdoor space overlooking the sea.
Or if you very want to just take it painless, the island offers multiple eating options. The Club itself has numerous dining options, with one room quieter and more casual and at the front is a great place for meeting other islanders in a publike setting, and now the new Horizons restaurant located at the pools and overlooking the sea with indoor and outdoor seating. In the summer, they also serve out on the terrace overlooking the driving range. In the Marina area are two great eateries on the water, Delphinas Cantina and Mojos. There is a Maritime Market not far from us which serves great breakfasts and lunches plus has most of the groceries you will need while you're on the island, including multiple frozen family meals. They have also added some service on the outdoor space. There is a great seafood and meat department plus a marvelous assortment of great wines and beer. No need to pack those heavy items.
Our villa makes getting around the island smooth with two four person golf carts. We have just upgraded one to a radiant orange! Check the photos but use your sun glasses! But if you just want to get to the beach, you are just across the street. So grab some beach towels from the guest closet and beach chairs and beach umbrella in the garage and walk on over. We have just added a brand new beach wagon for bulky items and little ones (kiddos, that is). On our last visit, there were dolphins surfing only a few feet off the shore. We especially appreciate taking a cooler and a couple beach chairs over to watch the sunset. Many times other islanders are doing this and appreciate to share their wine! But if you've had too big a day, just take your drinks up to the upper outdoor space for a spectacular view.
We have Wifi and three flat screen tvs with roku plus a dvd in the living room. We are adding movies to the collection . There is now an additional tv and dvd in the loft. But it is not connected to the cable. Savor movies on it or bring your gaming equipment.
Your only mode of transportation on the island is golf cart and bicycles - and we have numerous bicycles for your use. Or if you prefer, bicycles can be rented at Riverside Adventure in the marina or Coastal Urge at the Maritime Stores. Oh yeah, there are some very fun stores in both areas.
If you want to check for wildlife, there are numerous trails or a great ride out to Middle Island to look for eagles! Expect to see deer, alligators, osprey and all manner of other beach feathered friends. Don't forget your binoculars! Our home is in a great location if you're coming here to golf, but it is also supplied for family activities and includes a pack and play and high chair plus games and toys, both for beach and inside.
Don't hesitate to call us to give you more great ideas for exploring. Appreciate your stay at Seventh Heaven and this island utopia.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation properties provide Wilmington, NC area vacation discount magazines that feature offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and discount books, because this allows visitors to experience the very same wonderful attractions at a generally substantial discounted.
- Are you able to alter your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of management companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
You may be shocked to uncover how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to come across a rental that meets their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation homes in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property owners typically select management companies to assist with marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "Great Sept. and Oct. prices for long weekends." is the perfect rental for your upcoming trip? Read this check list to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy hot spots, In Wilmington, NC the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer trips..
Pick a Community and Date
Start by choosing which specific area of Wilmington, NC you'd like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you'll need. Try to remember that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the top end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check that each person understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Typically, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What property features is the group looking for? Do you only want a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Suitable accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest possibility of a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read The Contract
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting "Great Sept. and Oct. prices for long weekends.", along with any other additional fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make certain you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many vacation rental web sites request testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere with regards to stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a good time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Pelicatessen - 0.3 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 0.4 miles
- Delphina Cantina - 1.2 miles
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 1.2 miles
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 2.1 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 2.4 miles
- Cape Fear Restaurant - 4.2 miles
- Frying Pan - 4.2 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 2.1 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 3.1 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 4.2 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 4.4 miles
- La Polena Bed & Breakfast - 4.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Club - 0.3 miles
- Kent Mitchell Nature Trail - 0.7 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 1.1 miles