- Bald Head Island
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe came to appreciate Bald Head Island over 28 years ago and have newly bought Seventh Heaven. Now we want to share it with you. Bald Head Island is an island only a 25 min. ferry ride from Southport, NC. You leave your car and your worries behind. The holiday starts with the ferry ride, putting you on Island Time. You'll need to pack as if you were shipping your stuff. When you arrive at the Deep Point Marina to catch the ferry, helpful young men will gladly unload your car and put everything into a dolly for transportation to the island. When you arrive, pick up all your belongings and take them to your assigned tram where more helpful people will make sure you are ready for the ride to your home away from home. If you're renting our home for time in the summer months, be sure and rent your tram rapidly. They fill up quickly.
Villa 7 - or Seventh Heaven - is right beside the Bald Head Club. A temporary membership can be included with your costs, if you want to savor all the new amenities the Club has to offer. Let us know when you rent if you don't want to add on $285 for a week of Clubbing and I will remove the fee. Keep in mind if you choose not to pay for the temporary membership, you will not be able to use any of the niceties. You can walk to the multiple Club eateries, world class George Cobb designed golf course (reviewed 4* by Golf Digest), tennis, multiple pools and water play including a double water slide, playground, exercise center and even croquet! A major pool area remodel has been finished!
Back at Seventh Heaven there are two main level masters with a king bed in one and a queen set in the other, plus a separate upper loft with its own full bath and a bunkbed and a separate twin bed. We appreciate to prepare while we're on the island so the referbished kitchen with a brand new refrigerator is outfitted with most every preparing utensil you will need to grille or prepare a extravagant meal. Then take your meal out on the outdoor space overlooking the lagoon or carry it to the upper outdoor space overlooking the sea.
Or if you very want to just take it simple, the island offers numerous eating options. The Club itself has numerous dining options, with one room quieter and more casual and at the front is a great place for meeting other islanders in a publike setting, and now the new Horizons restaurant located at the pools and overlooking the sea with indoor and outdoor seating. In the summer, they also serve out on the terrace overlooking the driving range. In the Marina area are two great eateries on the water, Delphinas Cantina and Mojos. There is a Maritime Market not far from us which serves great breakfasts and lunches plus has most of the groceries you will need while you're on the island, including numerous frozen family meals. They have also added some service on the outdoor space. There is a great seafood and meat department plus a marvelous assortment of great wines and beer. No need to pack those heavy items.
Our villa makes getting around the island painless with two four person golf carts. We have just upgraded one to a radiant orange! Check the photos but use your sun glasses! But if you just want to get to the beach, you are just across the street. So grab some beach towels from the guest closet and beach chairs and beach umbrella in the garage and walk on over. We have just added a brand new beach wagon for bulky items and little ones (kiddos, that is). On our last visit, there were dolphins surfing only a few feet off the shore. We especially adore taking a cooler and a couple beach chairs over to watch the sunset. Many times other islanders are doing this and adore to share their wine! But if you've had too big a day, just take your drinks up to the upper outdoor space for a spectacular view.
We have Wifi and three flat screen tvs with roku plus a dvd in the living room. We are adding movies to the collection . There is now an additional tv and dvd in the loft. But it is not connected to the cable. Relish movies on it or bring your gaming equipment.
Your only mode of transportation on the island is golf cart and bicycles - and we have multiple bicycles for your use. Or if you prefer, bicycles can be rented at Riverside Adventure in the marina or Coastal Urge at the Maritime Stores. Oh yeah, there are some very fun stores in both areas.
If you want to check for wildlife, there are numerous trails or a great ride out to Middle Island to look for eagles! Expect to see deer, alligators, osprey and all manner of other beach feathered friends. Don't forget your binoculars! Our home is in a great location if you're coming here to golf, but it is also supplied for family activities and includes a pack and play and high chair plus games and toys, both for beach and inside.
Don't hesitate to call us to give you more great ideas for exploring. Appreciate your stay at Seventh Heaven and this island bliss.
- Many management companies and rental properties supply Wilmington, NC area printed travel magazines that feature deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning guests to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Wilmington, NC atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Advice
Some people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in Wilmington, NC. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently choose management companies to assist with promoting and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental home:
Before you book "Remaining summer weeks just reduced!", read through our short checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Wilmington, NC vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Wilmington, NC you'd like to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
The majority of rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a pricey vacation property. Usually, a single member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each person's share.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Suitable access can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a furry companion? Although many rental homes allow animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. A number of limitations may eliminate a potential rental property. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your desires and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
Read the full agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, nearby residences are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make sure that you've gathered all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to aid with the next search.
- Pelicatessen - 0.3 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 0.4 miles
- Delphina Cantina - 1.2 miles
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 1.2 miles
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 2.1 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 2.4 miles
- Cape Fear Restaurant - 4.2 miles
- Frying Pan - 4.2 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 2.1 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 3.1 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 4.2 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 4.4 miles
- La Polena Bed & Breakfast - 4.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Club - 0.3 miles
- Kent Mitchell Nature Trail - 0.7 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 1.1 miles