- Bald Head Island
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyEXCEPTIONAL HOME, WALK TO EAST BEACH, EVERY BR HAS IT'S OWN BATH & OUTDOOR SPACE
*** We include Bald Head Island Club "Lifestyle Membership" with Golf privileges with the rental of our home, Shoals Club optional ***
Weekly discounted costs available for all seasons.
EXCEPTIONAL HOME, WALK TO EAST BEACH, EVERY BR HAS IT'S OWN BATH & OUTDOOR SPACE
Where the road ends your Bald Head Island holiday experience begins. Arrive by ferry, navigate the Island by one of our three golf carts, on foot or by bicycle. Unwind, slow down…. You’re on “turtle time.”
Bald Head Island, one location with numerous possibilities. We encourage you to; discover the 14 miles of pristine beaches, hike the maritime forest, kayak the creeks and marshes, soak up the sun, start a new family tradition, couples hideaway or celebrate a milestone. It’s all about the magic and the memories. Feel the handsome Island, sun, sea and wildlife. Indulge in the infinite water activities; stand up paddle boarding, boating, fishing, swimming, surfing, beach-combing, kayaking, wind surfing and sailing. Find an ceaseless agenda of activities designed to entertain, educate and pamper or just reconnect, relax and replenish. Nurture your mind with programs offered at the Conservancy, climb “Old Baldy,” a 200-year-old lighthouse, visit the Smith Island Museum and historic sites. Indulge your senses of experience and most importantly treat yourself to an memorable holiday!
Welcome to Bald Head Island! Welcome to, “A Shore Thing”, a opulence holiday home bespoke designed to feel like your own. Completed on May 21, 2014 to host your family for an memorable holiday!
Retire to a calming king or queen size bed with silken linen for a restful nights sleep!
“A Shore Thing” pleasantly sleeps 18 visitors, three master bedrooms with king beds, queen bedroom, bunk room with two full and two upper twin beds and a private crofter with two queen beds, tiled full bathroom and kitchenette. Each of the six bedrooms have an adjoining private tiled bathroom with granite counter tops. Two master bathrooms have Jacuzzi tubs, counter height double sinks with vanities, walk in showers with body jets, hand spray and rain shower head. The third master bedroom bathroom has a double vessel sink, jetted tub/shower combination. Unwind in the evening with a Jacuzzi tub or body spray shower with ambrosial bath luxuries. All bedrooms have flat screen LED TVs and access to outdoor space; porch, outdoor space or screen porch.
There’s a plethora of outdoor space choices with comfortable outdoor furnishings; covered front porch with ceiling fans, second floor outdoor space, third floor observation outdoor space, screened porches and a outdoor space between the home and the crofter. The reverse floor plan maximizes sea vistas. The third floor observation outdoor space includes superb sea vistas by day, sunsets and star gazing at nighttime! Sip wine as you watch the sun set over the glistening water from the third floor observation outdoor space. On Bald Head Island the sun both rises and sets over water. You can hear the sea from the home!
Grab one of our fluffy beach towels included for each member of your family and in less than a min. walk along the boardwalk, your toes are in the sand on East Beach! Or take one of the three golf carts and drive around the block to East Beach. We’re less than two mins. from the Shoal’s Club, BHI Conservancy and South Beach. It’s a brief agreeable ride to the Maritime Market and Marina, choose between a shaded and protected route through the maritime forest along Federal Road or take the more dramatic route along South Bald Head Wynd.
Dining out at one of the eateries/clubs? Eating in, plenty of room for the whole family to gather around the table. The open floor plan accommodates multiple families. Prepare your meals in a well-supplied chef’s kitchen; Thermador Pro appliances, 48 inch refrigerator, 48 inch six burner gas range top with griddle, double convection ovens with rotisserie, draw microwave, ice maker, drink center, island with raised teak breakfast bar, granite counter tops, farmers sink, pot filler, bridge faucet and dishwasher.
Play, discover and discover all day! Spoil yourself you deserve it! Now start packing. Our welcome mat is out and we strive for legendary hospitality at “A Shore Thing”!
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes supply Wilmington, NC area printed travel catalogs which include promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the management company and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a particular Wilmington, NC atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Some people are surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, renters are certain to locate a vacation home that fits their desires and price range.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners frequently choose management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, house cleaning services and maintenance.
Seasoned Wilmington, NC vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to realize that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you start to book " Bk 6/1/19 wk $6000 "ALL IN"or bk. 8/24/19 week "WE WILL PAY YOUR TAXES" ", examine our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Wilmington, NC vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the very best selection of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Wilmington, NC vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Consensus can often be tricky among family, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Be mindful that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group looking for? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property charge? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! While many vacation homes allow pets, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and breeds could be restricted. Examine your agreement carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required fixes. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each space of the rental to make certain that you've gathered all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit renters to give reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property was not as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
How did they feel about the rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be quick. If the rental property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 0.3 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 0.3 miles
- Pelicatessen - 2.6 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 2.6 miles
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 3.0 miles
- Delphina Cantina - 3.0 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 0.3 miles
- The Common at Cape Fear Station - 0.1 miles
- Bald Head Island Conservancy - 0.3 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 0.3 miles
- Kent Mitchell Nature Trail - 1.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Club - 2.6 miles
- Smith Island Museum - 2.9 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 2.9 miles