- Bald Head Island
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
*** We include Bald Head Island Club "Lifestyle Membership" with Golf privileges with the rental of our home, Shoals Club optional ***
Weekly discounted costs available for all seasons.
EXCEPTIONAL HOME, WALK TO EAST BEACH, EVERY BR HAS IT'S OWN BATH & OUTDOOR SPACE
Where the road ends your Bald Head Island holiday experience begins. Arrive by ferry, navigate the Island by one of our three golf carts, on foot or by bicycle. Unwind, slow down…. You’re on “turtle time.”
Bald Head Island, one location with multiple possibilities. We encourage you to; discover the 14 miles of pristine beaches, hike the maritime forest, kayak the creeks and marshes, soak up the sun, start a new family tradition, couples hideaway or celebrate a milestone. It’s all about the magic and the memories. Feel the impeccable Island, sun, sea and wildlife. Indulge in the infinite water activities; stand up paddle boarding, boating, fishing, swimming, surfing, beach-combing, kayaking, wind surfing and sailing. Find an boundless agenda of activities designed to entertain, educate and pamper or just reconnect, relax and replenish. Nurture your mind with programs offered at the Conservancy, climb “Old Baldy,” a 200-year-old lighthouse, visit the Smith Island Museum and historic sites. Indulge your senses of experience and most importantly treat yourself to an remarkable holiday!
Welcome to Bald Head Island! Welcome to, “A Shore Thing”, a delight holiday home bespoke designed to feel like your own. Completed on May 21, 2014 to host your family for an memorable holiday!
Retire to a calming king or queen size bed with silken linen for a restful nights sleep!
“A Shore Thing” restfully sleeps 18 visitors, three master bedrooms with king beds, queen bedroom, bunk room with two full and two upper twin beds and a private crofter with two queen beds, tiled full bathroom and kitchenette. Each of the six bedrooms have an adjoining private tiled bathroom with granite counter tops. Two master bathrooms have Jacuzzi tubs, counter height double sinks with vanities, walk in showers with body jets, hand spray and rain shower head. The third master bedroom bathroom has a double vessel sink, jetted tub/shower combination. Unwind in the evening with a Jacuzzi tub or body spray shower with ambrosial bath niceties. All bedrooms have flat screen LED TVs and access to outdoor space; porch, outdoor space or screen porch.
There’s a plethora of outdoor space choices with comfortable outdoor furnishings; covered front porch with ceiling fans, second floor outdoor space, third floor observation outdoor space, screened porches and a outdoor space between the home and the crofter. The reverse floor plan maximizes sea vistas. The third floor observation outdoor space includes pretty sea vistas by day, sunsets and star gazing at nighttime! Sip wine as you watch the sun set over the glistening water from the third floor observation outdoor space. On Bald Head Island the sun both rises and sets over water. You can hear the sea from the home!
Grab one of our fluffy beach towels supplied for each member of your family and in less than a min. walk along the boardwalk, your toes are in the sand on East Beach! Or take one of the three golf carts and drive around the block to East Beach. We’re less than two mins. from the Shoal’s Club, BHI Conservancy and South Beach. It’s a brief agreeable ride to the Maritime Market and Marina, choose between a shaded and protected route through the maritime forest along Federal Road or take the more dramatic route along South Bald Head Wynd.
Dining out at one of the eateries/clubs? Eating in, plenty of room for the whole family to gather around the table. The open floor plan accommodates multiple families. Prepare your meals in a well-supplied chef’s kitchen; Thermador Pro appliances, 48 inch refrigerator, 48 inch six burner gas range top with griddle, double convection ovens with rotisserie, draw microwave, ice maker, libation center, island with raised teak breakfast bar, granite counter tops, farmers sink, pot filler, bridge faucet and dishwasher.
Play, discover and discover all day! Spoil yourself you deserve it! Now start packing. Our welcome mat is out and we strive for legendary hospitality at “A Shore Thing”!
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guide books with savings for vacation rentals, dining and activities. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times offer sizable bargains.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain Wilmington, NC atteaction you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer guests the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to learn just how many properties are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Wilmington, NC vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you believe " 6/1 & 8/24 CONTACT US FOR 10% OFF WEEKLY RATE, BHI & SHOAL'S CLUB INCLUDED" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Wilmington, NC rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Wilmington, NC you'd like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Check to make sure " 6/1 & 8/24 CONTACT US FOR 10% OFF WEEKLY RATE, BHI & SHOAL'S CLUB INCLUDED" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive vacation property. A single member of your group must be responsible for gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with patio lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Adequate access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a furry friend? While quite a few vacation homes allow dogs and cats, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager right away.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every room of the rental to make certain that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Many rental property sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere with regards to rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be simple. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 0.3 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 0.3 miles
- Pelicatessen - 2.6 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 2.6 miles
- Delphina Cantina - 3.0 miles
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 3.0 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 0.3 miles
- The Common at Cape Fear Station - 0.1 miles
- Bald Head Island Conservancy - 0.3 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 0.3 miles
- Kent Mitchell Nature Trail - 1.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Club - 2.6 miles
- Bald Head Island Lighthouse - 2.9 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 2.9 miles