View this property at:
About this Property
FLIP OUT in the main home with 4 cavernous bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus a marvelous outdoor shower. Need some separation from the teens or in-laws? FLOP DOWN with our beautiful, separate 2 bedroom/1 bath guest bungalow in the backyard!
Come with your floaties, and cool off in the massive and heated 33 foot salt water pool for the best of both worlds!
CANCELLATION POLICY *** COVID-19 update - If your dates are impacted by COVID-19 town ordinances or NC stay at home orders, your rental payment will be refunded 100%. This determination will be made within 2 days of your check-in date*** You may cancel any reservation and receive a full refund of all amounts paid if you notify FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN, in writing (by e-mail or letter) of your intention to cancel the reservation at least ninety (90) days prior to the check-in date. In the event that you cancel your reservation within ninety (90) days of your check-in date, for any or no reason, (including the failure to pay the final payment due 30 days before the stay), including inclement weather (but not including mandatory evacuations), you shall not be eligible for a refund of any payments made to FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN.
The sea-view, second row home has roughly 1500 square feet, modernized bathrooms with tile showers, roomy bedrooms, outdoor shower and a enormous front outdoor space for viewing, sunbathing and peaceful. Very close to the beach accesses (one at 11th St and one at 14th St by the pier), the home includes modern amenities like central heat and air, dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer, refrigerator and stove. All bedrooms and living room have HD flat screen TV's (40" in living room with blu-ray player, 32" intelligent tv in master and 22" with DVD players in 3 bedrooms, + extended cable. And high speed wireless internet access. All these includes while still maintaining the original 1960's glamour! The guest bungalow offers an additional 400 square feet with a living area, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath and has a kitchenette with refrigerator, ice maker, microwave, hot plate and toaster. A/C window units keep the bungalow very cool.
What We’re Doing for your SAFETY:
Practicing Social Distancing with Keyless Entry – A unique keyless entry code provides the ability to go directly to the holiday rental without the need for person-to-person contact.
Increasing the Rigor of Cleaning Procedures – To give tidy and safe accommodations, following CDC recommendations, we are increasing the rigor of cleaning and disinfecting using EPA-registered household disinfectants. As such, early check-ins and late check-outs are suspended indefinitely. Should you arrive early, please plan to go to the beach or find another activity that keeps you away from the home so the cleaning crew can properly disinfect before your stay. The cleaners ask that you not leave your belongings in the home, or congregate by the pool prior to check in.
PLEASE PLAN TO BRING YOUR OWN PAPER PRODUCTS: The island grocery stores are low on toilet paper, paper towels, and paper plates.
FLIP OUT: 4 bedrooms, sleeps 9, beds for 9
Kitchen, open living and dining areas (table seats up to 8) picnic table outdoor.
Three upstairs bedrooms (share one full bath):
Bedroom 1: 1 king master
Bedroom 2: 1 queen
Bedroom 3: 1 set of twin bunk beds + twin trundle bed and separate twin bed (4 twins total)
Bathroom: full bathroom with tub, shower, single vanity, toilet.
Bedroom 4: 1 king bedroom with separate exterior entrance (no inside stairs). Although not technically wheelchair accessible, it is a great room for those with mobility difficulties. This also has a door with a 5" step and slight slope to the pool outdoor space.
Bathroom 2: Recently refreshed, big 5' shower with only a 4" lip for painless access. Toilet, and single vanity.
Laundry area, game/puzzle area.
FLOP DOWN COTTAGE: bedroom 1: full (double bed)
Bedroom 2: twin over full (double bed)bunk
This home offers everything you need to have a memorable and enchanting holiday with peaceful location, great sea vistas, and the appreciation of being steps away from one of the better eateries on the island (Island Way). Savor fishing? Just 600 feet from the home you can reel in king mackerel from the Sea Crest pier.
The unit also includes a picnic table and enormous backyard to further appreciate the outdoors. Pack ‘n play, and a bunk room also supplied to accept folks with modest children to get the most from their week. Comfort is a priority and beds were updated in 2015, including a memory foam king in the upstairs bedroom (2019).
Unwind on the beach with a good rent, frolic in the surf, go shelling, savor water sports or bake in the sun! For shopping enthusiasts, there are great stores to discover on the island and in close by Southport. Don't miss the Sea Education Center, Middleton Park (complimentary concerts), the Oak Island Splash Pad and the Nature Center on the island. For history buffs, there are marvelous museums close by and nature lovers can search for turtle hatchlings scurrying to the sea. Oak island beach is the ideal destination for your just right holiday!
For weekly units,
Check in time is 4:00 pm on Saturdays
Check out time is 10:00 am on Saturdays
For units other than weekly, check in and check out times can be flexible if cleared with owner. Access the rental with a unique lock code that we give only to you. When you rent, we will send you the lock code, and instructions.
Pillows, blankets, sheets, bath towels and kitchen linens are supplied but please bring your own pool and beach towels.
WiFi is available at the home and guest bungalow.
For your comfort, departure cleaning is supplied in our weekly costs.
HOUSEKEEPING FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN is owned and managed by its owners, and is cared for by the same housekeepers every week. The home is cleaned for your arrival every Saturday morning throughout the summer. Linens and basic kitchen supplies are included including coffee filters, dishwasher soap, sponge, and garbage bags. An island resident/handyman is available for maintenance issues when visitors are in residence. FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN has an HVAC contractor under contract to give emergency service when needed.
NO SMOKING OR VAPING:
SMOKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
PET POLICY We adore our dogs and cats and want to share our home with you and yours. We welcome up to two, well behaved dogs at FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN. We are committed to a CLEAN and PEST COMPLIMENTARY environment. Monthly maintenance and pest control services are supplied as well as DEEP CLEANING between renters. Please accept us to keep FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN PET FRIENDLY by respecting our policies and pre-treating your pet at home for fleas/ticks. The PET FEE is $80 for the first dog and an additional $40 for a second dog.
There are 4 pet friendly eateries in Oak Island that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables (Bob’s Dogs, Kai Joe’s, Shagger Jack’s and The Lazy Turtle).
Dogs that are leashed are allowed year round on Oak Island beaches. Dogs are allowed off their leash from October 16 until March 15 from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. in locations marked by beach access signs.
We would prefer check (echeck) or debit card to avoid a handling fee for credit card.
50% is due at time of renting. The 50% balance is due 30 days prior to arrival date.
Please contact us by e-mail or phone for specific information or questions about flip out flop down or oak island!
Come and enjoy our colorful, appealing and appealing home just steps away from the sea at one of America's most grand beaches. USA today's may 25, 2012 travel feature named oak island one of 51 great American beaches!
Keywords: beach view, six bedroom, second row, tropical and fun beach decor, porch with rockers, tidy and new, close to beach access, sea view, sleeps 15, bunk beds, flip out, flop down, dog-friendly
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Wilmington, NC area promotional travel magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Many rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Wilmington, NC activity that you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to fit their Wilmington, NC gang, from calm condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental homes in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners frequently select management companies to facilitate advertisements, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the best rental home:
Before you start to book "2nd Row, 6 BR, 3BA, Huge Heated Pool, separate Teen Cottage, Dog-Friendly", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many popular hot spots, In Wilmington, NC the best rentals are booked very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Many groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Sometimes, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be mindful that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Does your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single individual in your family needs to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Do you want a rental with patio dining area? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Even though a number of vacation rentals allow furry friends, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be limited. Don't forget to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
After the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read through the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular rate, visitors will have to pay local taxes when renting "2nd Row, 6 BR, 3BA, Huge Heated Pool, separate Teen Cottage, Dog-Friendly", as well as various other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Property management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental home to ensure that you've collected all possessions.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Most property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with another search.