View this property at:
About this Property
FLIP OUT in the main home with 4 roomy bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus a impressive outdoor shower. Need some separation from the teens or in-laws? FLOP DOWN with our appealing, separate 2 bedroom/1 bath guest bungalow in the backyard!
Come with your floaties, and cool off in the massive and heated 33 foot salt water pool for the most first-rate of both worlds!
CANCELLATION POLICY *** COVID-19 update - If your dates are impacted by COVID-19 town ordinances or NC stay at home orders, your rental payment will be refunded 100%. This determination will be made within 2 days of your check-in date*** You may cancel any reservation and receive a full refund of all amounts paid if you notify FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN, in writing (by e-mail or letter) of your intention to cancel the reservation at least ninety (90) days prior to the check-in date. In the event that you cancel your reservation within ninety (90) days of your check-in date, for any or no reason, (including the failure to pay the final payment due 30 days before the stay), including inclement weather (but not including mandatory evacuations), you shall not be eligible for a refund of any payments made to FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN.
The sea-view, second row home has roughly 1500 square feet, refreshed bathrooms with tile showers, big bedrooms, outdoor shower and a generous front outdoor space for viewing, sunbathing and appealing. Very close to the beach accesses (one at 11th St and one at 14th St by the pier), the home includes modern amenities like central heat and air, dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer, refrigerator and stove. All bedrooms and living room have HD flat screen TV's (40" in living room with blu-ray player, 32" intelligent tv in master and 22" with DVD players in 3 bedrooms, + extended cable. And high speed wireless internet access. All these includes while still maintaining the original 1960's charisma! The guest bungalow offers an additional 400 square feet with a living area, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath and has a kitchenette with refrigerator, ice maker, microwave, hot plate and toaster. A/C window units keep the bungalow very cool.
What We’re Doing for your SAFETY:
Practicing Social Distancing with Keyless Entry – A unique keyless entry code provides the ability to go directly to the holiday rental without the need for person-to-person contact.
Increasing the Rigor of Cleaning Procedures – To give tidy and safe accommodations, following CDC recommendations, we are increasing the rigor of cleaning and disinfecting using EPA-registered household disinfectants. As such, early check-ins and late check-outs are suspended indefinitely. Should you arrive early, please plan to go to the beach or find another activity that keeps you away from the home so the cleaning crew can properly disinfect before your stay. The cleaners ask that you not leave your belongings in the home, or congregate by the pool prior to check in.
PLEASE PLAN TO BRING YOUR OWN PAPER PRODUCTS: The island grocery stores are low on toilet paper, paper towels, and paper plates.
FLIP OUT: 4 bedrooms, sleeps 9, beds for 9
Kitchen, open living and dining areas (table seats up to 8) picnic table outdoor.
Three upstairs bedrooms (share one full bath):
Bedroom 1: 1 king master
Bedroom 2: 1 queen
Bedroom 3: 1 set of twin bunk beds + twin trundle bed and separate twin bed (4 twins total)
Bathroom: full bathroom with tub, shower, single vanity, toilet.
Bedroom 4: 1 king bedroom with separate exterior entrance (no inside stairs). Although not technically wheelchair accessible, it is a great room for those with mobility difficulties. This also has a door with a 5" step and slight slope to the pool outdoor space.
Bathroom 2: Freshly redone, cavernous 5' shower with only a 4" lip for simple access. Toilet, and single vanity.
Laundry area, game/puzzle area.
FLOP DOWN COTTAGE: bedroom 1: full (double bed)
Bedroom 2: twin over full (double bed)bunk
This home offers everything you need to have a memorable and delightful holiday with peaceful location, great sea vistas, and the appreciation of being steps away from one of the better eateries on the island (Island Way). Savor fishing? Just 600 feet from the home you can reel in king mackerel from the Sea Crest pier.
The unit also includes a picnic table and enormous backyard to further appreciate the outdoors. Pack ‘n play, and a bunk room also supplied to accept folks with modest children to get the most from their week. Comfort is a priority and beds were updated in 2015, including a memory foam king in the upstairs bedroom (2019).
Unwind on the beach with a good rent, frolic in the surf, go shelling, savor water sports or bake in the sun! For shopping enthusiasts, there are great stores to discover on the island and in close by Southport. Don't miss the Sea Education Center, Middleton Park (complimentary concerts), the Oak Island Splash Pad and the Nature Center on the island. For history buffs, there are magnificent museums close by and nature lovers can search for turtle hatchlings scurrying to the sea. Oak island beach is the ideal destination for your just right holiday!
For weekly units,
Check in time is 4:00 pm on Saturdays
Check out time is 10:00 am on Saturdays
For units other than weekly, check in and check out times can be flexible if cleared with owner. Access the rental with a unique lock code that we give only to you. When you rent, we will send you the lock code, and instructions.
Pillows, blankets, sheets, bath towels and kitchen linens are included but please bring your own pool and beach towels.
WiFi is available at the home and guest bungalow.
For your appreciation, departure cleaning is supplied in our weekly costs.
HOUSEKEEPING FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN is owned and managed by its owners, and is cared for by the same housekeepers every week. The home is cleaned for your arrival every Saturday morning throughout the summer. Linens and basic kitchen supplies are supplied including coffee filters, dishwasher soap, sponge, and garbage bags. An island resident/handyman is available for maintenance issues when visitors are in residence. FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN has an HVAC contractor under contract to give emergency service when needed.
NO SMOKING OR VAPING:
SMOKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
PET POLICY We adore our dogs and cats and want to share our home with you and yours. We welcome up to two, well behaved dogs at FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN. We are committed to a CLEAN and PEST COMPLIMENTARY environment. Monthly maintenance and pest control services are included as well as DEEP CLEANING between renters. Please accept us to keep FLIP OUT/FLOP DOWN PET FRIENDLY by respecting our policies and pre-treating your pet at home for fleas/ticks. The PET FEE is $80 for the first dog and an additional $40 for a second dog.
There are 4 pet friendly eateries in Oak Island that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables (Bob’s Dogs, Kai Joe’s, Shagger Jack’s and The Lazy Turtle).
Dogs that are leashed are allowed year round on Oak Island beaches. Dogs are allowed off their leash from October 16 until March 15 from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. in locations marked by beach access signs.
We would prefer check (echeck) or debit card to avoid a handling fee for credit card.
50% is due at time of renting. The 50% balance is due 30 days prior to arrival date.
Please contact us by e-mail or phone for specific information or questions about flip out flop down or oak island!
Come and enjoy our colorful, peaceful and calming home just steps away from the sea at one of America's premium beaches. USA today's may 25, 2012 travel feature named oak island one of 51 great American beaches!
Keywords: beach view, six bedroom, second row, tropical and fun beach decor, porch with rockers, tidy and new, close to beach access, sea view, sleeps 15, bunk beds, flip out, flop down, dog-friendly
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with special deals for property management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for price reductions. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Wilmington, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you book "2nd Row, 6 BR, 3BA, Huge Heated Pool, separate Teen Cottage, Dog-Friendly", examine our short checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Wilmington, NC the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Wilmington, NC rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Does the chosen rental property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Typically, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Often times the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furry family members. While quite a few vacation homes allow furry friends, rules and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Wilmington, NC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, guests must pay state taxes when booking "2nd Row, 6 BR, 3BA, Huge Heated Pool, separate Teen Cottage, Dog-Friendly", in addition to various other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to note that in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.